How To Change Spotify Password? The Ultimate Guide
Remembering separate passwords for different apps or websites can be convoluting. When you fail to recall your complicated password repeatedly, you can change it to a simpler one. Today I’ll pomp how to change Spotify password.
How To Change Profile Picture on Spotify?
How To Change Spotify Playlist Picture?
How To Fix Firewall Blocking Spotify Error?
Deploy a Perfect Password For Your Spotify Account
Here’s a head start before you decide to change the Spotify password. There are some Spotify password requirements to meet. You may take the following lead:
- Your password must contain at least four characters, but there’s no maximum limit.
- The password can’t contain any repeating characters.
- Use the combination of letters, numbers, and special characters to build a strong password.
- Use the combination of upper and lower cases of letters.
- Your new password can be exactly similar to the old one.
How To Change Spotify Password?
You don’t like the password you’ve given earlier. You may wonder how to change Spotify password. It’s as easy as to change the email on Spotify.
If you want to change Spotify password, see these steps:
1. Go to Spotify login page with an internet browser, because it won’t work in the app.
2. Put your email/username and login with your existing password.
3. In your account page, click on your user badge to get the pull-down menu.
4. Scroll through and click on the ‘Change password’ option.
5. Enter your existing password.
6. Enter your desired new password twice to confirm.
7. Finally, click on the ‘Set new password’ button to finish the procedure.
How would you reset your Spotify password?
Your Spotify forgot password can’t stop you from entering into your account. You can make use of Spotify reset password option. Here’s how:
1. Go to the Spotify login page on a browser and click on the ‘Forgot your password’ option. It’ll take you to the password reset page.
2. Or you can directly go there by the URL
3.Type Spotify username or email address associated with your account and click on the ‘Send’ button.
4. An email has would have sent to the email address. Go to your email address and look for a mail from Spotify.
5. Open the mail and follow the link for Spotify password reset.
6.It’ll redirect you to the password reset page.
7.Type your desired new password twice and click on the ‘Send’ button to confirm.
Your Spotify password reset is completed. It would better to click on ‘Sign out everywhere’ if you don’t know of the devices you used to log in to Spotify.
How to Reset your Spotify log in Password through Facebook?
In case you logged on to Spotify using your Facebook credentials, you won’t have a password for the Spotify account. So, changing password would mean that you have to change your Facebook password. And for that, you must go to your Facebook profile.
If you Facebook is deactivated, and you still want to use Spotify linked with that you have to add an email address. While you are trying to add your email, you may also try to change Spotify username. Here’s the help:
- Go to the password reset form.
- Enter the email address you used to create your Facebook profile.
- Continue through the guided steps to create a new password for your Spotify account.
- Remember to meet Spotify password requirements while designing the new password.
How to keep off the hackers from your Spotify account?
All of your finely crafted playlists, followers, good music may get hacked with modern tricks available on the internet. You may lose your costly premium subscription. If hacked, you may contact the Spotify support team to delete the Spotify account. If you want to do this by yourself then read this- How To Delete Spotify Account. But I would suggest you take preventive measures way before hackers attack on your Spotify.
Let’s check if these tips can help you.
- Use stronger passwords. Long passwords combined letters with both upper and lower cases, digits and special characters are considered strong.
- Use separate passwords for each of your online services, so that hacking of one doesn’t compromise others’ security.
- Change your password frequently. Remember the strong Spotify password requirements to keep off the bad guys sneaking in. Now that you know how to change Spotify password, it’ll be easier to do so frequently.
- When resetting your Spotify forgot password, sign out from everywhere to secure your account.
- Try and keep your firmware, operating system, antivirus, and other software up-to-date.
- Log out from the public devices if you have used Spotify on those.
- Don’t open any suspicious email offering any lucrative trade. It might be infected.
- Ensure removal of access of any third party app from Spotify account to enhance the security.
Question That Ask Our Readers
Q: How to change Spotify password if I don’t have the email access?
A: When you forgot Spotify password but don’t have access to the linked email account, you may still get help. With no access to your associated email, your Spotify forgot password could reset. Contact Spotify support team to get help (at www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/).
On the contact page, you should inscribe details of your problem that you don’t have access to your email anymore. Include a new email address to link with Spotify. Send the form to the support team.
You may get an automated reply; even it can come from firstname.lastname@example.org. You must respond in direct reply to that email. Spotify will reach out to you within 24-48 hours to change your email address.
Q: What should I do if I’m not receiving any password reset email?
A: If you’ve requested for Spotify password reset, but didn’t receive any email, you may have only looked into your primary mailbox. Try checking the other filtered message box or junk/spam folder in your email address. For example, Gmail might move filtered your reset password email under the Social or Promotions category.
Q: What should I do if the password reset link doesn’t work?
A: When you click on the password reset link sent to your email, it may pop up a message that the link is not valid or already have been used. You have to request for a new reset link in that case. But before requesting for it again, read out these points:
- Don’t click on the newly sent reset link directly this time.
- Put on your mouse pointer on the reset link and hit right-click on it.
- Select ‘Copy link address’ from the pop-up menu. But remember, if you accidentally click on the link, you have to send a new request for password reset link.
- Open your web browser in incognito mode or private browsing.
- Paste the copied link into the address bar and follow the password reset page.
This time surely it’ll work fine.
Using Spotify will be more intriguing when you come to know that you can change your password on Spotify. Now that you’ve learned quite a well about how to change Spotify password, you are good to go to explore your kind of music horizon. Just don’t take any hasty steps, follow the guidelines cautiously. Cheers!