One of the most striking features of Spotify is its following option. On Spotify, you get to follow other users, know their taste in music and stay in the loop with your favorite artists. You can also find out who follows your playlists on Spotify. Now, let’s crackdown on how to follow someone on Spotify.
What happens when you follow someone on Spotify?
When you begin to follow people on Spotify, they don’t get any notification. But they can learn about it later when they check out their follower list on their app. They will also the number of followers to a playlist created by them. However, they won’t see who is following the playlist.
Once you follow people on Spotify, you’ll see what your Spotify friends are playing if they keep their session public. You’ll be able to identify them with their profile image. You’ll even see when they change profile picture. You must keep the Friend feed active on the app. But if your Spotify friends keep their listening habits hidden, you’ll see no activities.
Find and follow someone with a similar taste in tunes on Spotify
A simple way to find users sharing the same taste of music is to search for playlists. Many users name their playlist with certain keywords or in a specific pattern. All you have to do is search for a playlist that matches your music preference. If you know how to follow someone on Spotify, then follow the user who created it to discover his other playlists. In this way, you may find out your musical soulmate.
Follow Someone Specific On Spotify
If you are thinking of how to find friends on Spotify, then here’s one of the solutions. It’s possible to find someone with his username if he didn’t change Spotify username. But beforehand, you need to find out the username of the person you want to find on Spotify.
To follow specific Spotify friends with username, try following the following instruction:
- Open Spotify app on your desktop or smartphone.
- Click on the search bar for desktop version or tap on the search option on smartphone app.
- Search for the person using his username. You have to type into the search bar in this format – spotify:user:username
- From the search result, click on your desired person’s profile
- Finally, hit on Spotify follow button. And you’re done.
Find Your Friends From Facebook and Follow Them On Spotify
If you want to find out how to add friends on Spotify who are also on Facebook, you should read this part. You’ll learn how to follow someone on Spotify with Facebook. You have to connect your Facebook profile to your Spotify account. After that, using the ‘Find friends’ tool, you can find friends on Spotify.
Before attempting to use the tool, update your Facebook profile settings as below:
- Open Facebook on your web browser and go to ‘Settings’ option.
- From ‘Settings’ menu, select ‘Apps’ and select ‘Spotify’ application.
- Confirm that you have checked you ‘Friends List’ is checked.
Follow People On Spotify With ‘Find Friend’ Tool
If you are still wondering how to find friends on Spotify, here’s another trick for you. After you connect your Facebook profile to your account, use the ‘Find friends’ tool to follow people on Spotify.
How to add friends on Spotify with ‘Find friends’ option using your desktop? Below are the guidelines:
- Open the desktop app.
- Scroll down to the bottom of ‘Friend Feed’ pane.
- Click on ‘Find friends’ button. A list of your Facebook friends using Spotify will come up.
- Hit Spotify follow button next to a friend from the list.
When you’re using a smartphone, how to add friends on Spotify using ‘Find friends’ tool? Let’s look into it:
- Open Spotify app on your smartphone and tap on ‘Home’.
- Tap again on ‘Settings’ to ‘View profile’ on Spotify.
- Tap further on ‘Find friends’ button, and your Facebook friends list who are available on Spotify will appear.
- Finally, by tapping on add friend button next to the users you can make them your Spotify friends as well.
Follow Favorite Artists On Spotify
Besides your friends, you are entitled to follow your favorite artists on Spotify. Here go the steps:
- Log in your Spotify account on the app, whether on desktop or smartphone platform.
- Write the name of the artist in the search bar and go to the profile of the artist.
- Hit Spotify follow button to start following.
Follow people by using ‘Discover’ function on Spotify
You can follow a playlist or the user who created it, and even an artist using the ‘Discover’ option on Spotify. Carry out the instructions inscribed herein:
- Open Spotify app and click in ‘Browse’ option.
- Click on ‘Discover’ tab.
- Scroll through the array of playlists appear in there. From there, you can follow a playlist, a user or an artist.
Question That Asks Our Reader
Q: Why can’t people follow me?
A: When someone using Spotify mobile app with no premium subscription tries to follow you, he will fail. To follow you on the mobile app, he must get Spotify premium subscription. But when he tries it on the desktop app, he will be able to find and follow you, even he is using a free account.
Q: How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address, but they are not on Facebook?
A: Email address doesn’t help to find friends on Spotify. If your friend is not using Facebook, ask him to share one of his playlists with you. From there, you can follow him. Alternatively, you can also find him by searching his username, but you have to enquire about his username first. He can know his username by copying his URI and pasting it somewhere in notepad or Wordpad.
Q: Do users get notifications when I follow/unfollow them on Spotify?
A: No, Spotify doesn’t send notifications to the person whom you start following or unfollowing anymore.
Q: What does it mean by ‘Follow an artist’ on Spotify?
A: When you follow an artist on Spotify, you’ll get to learn when the artist releases any new music tracks or albums to Spotify. You will get the notification on the Spotify app but can receive it through email which you have used to open the account as well.
Q: Who are the interesting users to follow on Spotify? Why?
A: If you are wondering how to find friends on Spotify who will be interesting to follow, then you have to do a little hard work. Searching for the right tunes for yourself or the perfect playlist with the combination of soothing tracks may help you. You’ll get introduced to a variant number of music lovers in this way.
If you learn how to follow someone on Spotify, you will be able to find out more about new music. You know what others are listening to and discover the musical activities of artists. When you find friends on Spotify your melodious journey will get a company.