How To Change Spotify Username – Secrets Revealed
If you are a paid subscriber of Spotify, you are well acquainted with the soothing features of the app. But do you know how to change Spotify username? For a fact, it’s not possible to change the username on Spotify. But you are allowed to change your display name following some easy steps. Let’s get into the details of the discussion.
How can you change Spotify username on Spotify app?
You can change the name on Spotify. But it’s the display name you can change, not the username. To change the username on Spotify app, they have a chalked-out guideline to follow. But remember, you are changing the display name only. Your username is constant forever. The following steps will literate you on how to change Spotify username:
- Tap on Home button and go to Settings to view your profile.
- Tap on the Edit Profile option.
- Tap on to your display name to change it.
- Finally, save the changes. There! You have done Spotify change the username.
How many ways can you change Spotify username?
There are three alternative ways forwards to change Spotify username. You will be able to draw on Spotify change username feature in either of the following three ways.
- Connect the Spotify account to your Facebook.
- Change your Spotify display name in the Spotify app on desktop or smartphone.
- Create a new account of Spotify to choose the desired user name.
Connect to your Facebook account to change Spotify username on a mobile
By connecting to the Facebook account, you may change the username on Spotify. Try following these steps on your iPhone or Android device:
- Open the Spotify app on a mobile device.
- Tap on the setting icon on the top-right corner.
3. Scroll through the menu until you reach to ‘Social’ tab. Enter into the social tab.
4. At the very bottom of it, you will find an option to connect to Facebook. If you click on the option, it will redirect you to a Facebook login page.
5. Input your Facebook credentials and login to your Facebook account to connect it to your Spotify.
Now your Spotify display name will be the same as your Facebook name.
Connect to Facebook account to change your Spotify username on a computer
You can connect your Spotify account with your Facebook profile on a desktop very conveniently. Execute the following step by step process on your Mac or Personal Computer:
- Open the Spotify app and click on the pull-down menu beside your user badge on the top-right corner.
- Select the Settings tab from the pull-down menu.
- Scroll down to the Social section where you’ll find a blue button.
- Click on the blue ‘Connect to Facebook’ button and enter your Facebook login ID and password to log in.
You have successfully executed the Spotify change username option with your Facebook profile.
How to change Spotify username by contacting Spotify?
Can I change my Spotify username without connecting to my Facebook account? Well, it is a definite and happening thing.
- Go to Spotify support page to get a contact form.
- Choose ‘Account’ tab and select the option to change account details.
3. From the next page, tap on the blue ‘I still need help’ button.
4. On the next page, fill up the open form and submit it to Spotify.
After getting an email, even from a noreply account, reach out to Spotify support team with a direct email reply. Spotify team will create a new account using your same email. They will also transfer everything to the new account. On your new account, you’ll be able to see who follows your playlist on Spotify or even to change Spotify password again.
There are a few things to remember. If the Spotify team helps you to set up a new account, you may enjoy the Spotify recover playlist feature associating with your old account. Also, can I change my Spotify username once I delete Spotify account? No, nothing will come back from the deleted Spotify account.
Question That Ask Our Readers
Q: How do I find my username when using Facebook login?
A: If you are using Facebook login for Spotify, you’ll know your ID with the following these steps:
- Open Spotify app on your desktop and log in to hour account with Facebook credentials.
- Click on your user badge which will pull down a list of recently played songs, artists or playlists.
- At the top of the app screen on your profile page, your name will show up in real big letters. Beneath the name, a circle with three dots will appear.
- Click on the dots and copy Spotify URI.
- Paste URI somewhere on wordpad or notepad where you can see the pasted information.
- The string of digits in the text you have pasted is your real username on Spotify.
Q: How do I get a username?
A: Spotify doesn’t allow you to choose username as your free will. You get it at the very beginning when you create your account. But you can change name on Spotify anytime. You have to know how to change Spotify username in alternative ways.
Q: How do I find my Spotify user ID?
A: To find your user ID on Spotify, check out our solution:
- Go to Spotify account page and log in to your account.
- Find your account sharing link.
- Copy the account link and paste it on a notepad or wordpad.
The link should be like https://open.spotify.com/user/XYZ. Everything after user/ is your user ID on Spotify.
Tips for Beginners
Before you ask yourself ‘Can I change my Spotify username?’ you should consider the following points:
- Choosing a username on free will is not possible. But change the name on Spotify, the display name, is doable.
- If you connect to your Facebook account to change your username on Spotify, your Facebook name will preside over your current Spotify username.
- If you choose to disconnect Spotify from Facebook, you should consider entering your email address in your Spotify account.
- Change in your Facebook username will also change the name on Spotify to match the update.
When you pay for a premium subscription for Spotify, the username may matter on a great deal to you. You may seek how to change Spotify username. But unfortunately, Spotify hasn’t kept it open to change the username. Spotify still tracks the user with their ID on Spotify. So, the uniqueness of the IDs is important to them. But they let us change the display name accordingly to our taste and desire.